Call (385) 202-3630 for questions or to register.
Do you want to remove impacted wisdom teeth with confidence, efficiency, and safety? Then, this course is for you. Stop referring out!
The Western Surgical and Sedation Impaction Course (IC) is our most popular course. All participants attend a lecture and observe the removal of 32 impactions with IV sedation on Friday. The procedures can be viewed on high-resolution monitors and participants can ask questions as patients are treated.
Saturday and Sunday are reserved for hands-on live patient treatment. All participants are guaranteed the removal of 8 impacted third molars. You will also assist your partner in removing another 8 impactions; a total of 16 impactions. The instructor patient ratio is 1:1. WSS faculty will be in each operatory at all times to guide you and answer questions. All patients are sedated.
All patient treatment and panoramic x-rays are reviewed after each of 4 clinical sessions. Participants discuss treatment and interact with WSS faculty.
- How to assess panoramic x-rays for proper case selection
- Appropriate surgical technique, instruments, materials, and medication
- How to reduce complications including nerve injury, sinus opening, tooth displacement, infection, and root fracture
- Good procedure documentation including consent forms/informed consent, SOAP progress notes, and post-operative instructions
- How to use a straight surgical handpiece
- How to safely and predictably remove impacted third molars
- And much more
- Flap design
- Case selection
- Surgical techniques and principles
- Surgical steps for third molar impactions
- You can confidently remove selected impacted wisdom teeth on Monday morning following the course.
- Your patients don’t want to be referred, keep them in your office.
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth is a very profitable procedure.
- There is no faster way to learn the safe and efficient removal of wisdom teeth.
FRIDAY, Day 1 – Observation and Lecture
8:00-8:30 Introductions and breakfast
8:30-9:00 Impaction Fundamentals
9:00-12:00 Surgery 1-6 (Hendrickson)
12:00-1:00 Lunch – Review and questions
1:00-4:00 Surgery 7-8 (Wayland)
4:00-5:00 Review and questions
SATURDAY, Day 2 – Lecture and Live Patient Treatment
8:00-11:00 Lecture and Discussion (Hendrickson and Wayland)
11:00-1:00 Surgery 1
1:00-2:00 Lunch and Case Review
2:00-4:00 Surgery 2
4:00-5:00 Review Surgery
SUNDAY, Day 3 – Lecture and Live Patient Treatment
8:00-11:00 Lecture and Discussion
11:00-1:00 Surgery 3
1:00-2:00 Lunch and Case Review
2:00-4:00 Surgery 4
4:00-5:00 Review Surgery 4 patients
Western Surgical and Sedation (WSS) reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course, modify the announced course content, limit enrollment, or change the location, time, date, or speakers due to unforeseen circumstances. Examples of circumstances that could cause course cancellation include; weather, natural disasters, medical conditions, government regulations, facility availability, and dental board restrictions. WSS is not responsible for the refund of any part of the course fee as a result of emergencies, unforeseen circumstances, or events beyond its control. In the event that WSS cancels a program, the registrant will receive a refund or credit toward another continuing education course.
Full refunds will be made when a WSS course is cancelled and is no longer available or a dentist provides documentation proving that they no longer practice dentistry. Western Surgical’s Liability is for the course fee only is not responsible for any other costs incurred.
Attendees who have registered for a course and are unable to attend will receive credit for the next available course provided their space can be filled.
WSS courses may include controversial materials. WSS acknowledges that there is potential risk to participants using limited knowledge when incorporating new techniques and procedures into their practices. WSS assumes no responsibility and cannot be held liable for the clinical diagnosis or treatment of any individual patient.