Live Patient Hands-On Third Molar Impaction Training Courses – NEW 2021 Courses!!
$5,000.00 – $9,500.00
Do you want to remove impacted third molars safely with confidence, efficiency, and predictability? Then, this course is for you. Stop referring out!
This course is held in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Western Surgical and Sedation Live Hands-On Impaction Course (IC) is our most popular course. The course is taught by Dr. Heath Hendrickson (Course Director) and Dr. John Wayland (Assistant Course Director and Founder of WSS). Dr. Hendrickson has removed over 100,000 third molars under IV sedation and maintains a private practice wholly dedicated to the removal of third molars under IV sedation. Dr. John Wayland has removed over 25,000 full bony impactions with Moderate IV sedation and maintains an active mobile practice dedicated to third molar removal.
The course is presented over three days. The first day consists of lecture and the live observation of 8 procedures where Dr. Hendrickson and Dr. Wayland remove 32 impacted third molars. The procedures can be viewed on high-resolution monitors and participants may ask questions and interact with the doctor during the procedure. The cases are presented step by step following our 7 step protocol and presented as teaching cases.
Call (385) 202-3630 for questions or to register by phone
This course is held in Salt Lake City, Utah
October 9-11, 2020 Course is Sold Out
Learn from Dr. Heath Hendrickson and Dr. John Wayland.
100,000 impacted third molars removed with IV sedation!
Saturday and Sunday present additional opportunities for lecture but are mainly reserved for hands-on live patient treatment. All participants are guaranteed the removal of 8 impacted third molars. You will also assist your partner in removing another 8 impactions; a total of 16 impactions. The instructor patient ratio is 1:1. WSS faculty will be in each operatory at all times to guide you and answer questions. All patients are sedated.
All patient treatment and panoramic x-rays are reviewed after each of the four clinical sessions. Participants discuss treatment and interact with WSS faculty.
This course requires all attendees to have a Utah Dental License. Our team will help you acquire this license within just a few days. Western Surgical will cover all expenses associated with obtaining the license.
What You Will Learn
- How to assess panoramic x-rays for proper case selection.
- Appropriate surgical technique, instruments, materials, and medication.
- How to reduce complications including nerve injury, sinus opening, tooth displacement, infection, and root fracture.
- Good procedure documentation including consent forms/informed consent, SOAP progress notes, and post-operative instructions.
- How to use a straight surgical handpiece.
- The use of PRF in the treatment of third molars.
- How to safely and predictably remove impacted third molars.
- How to implement oral or IV sedation into your third molar removal protocol.
- And Much More
- Flap design
- Case selection
- Surgical techniques and principles
- Surgical steps for third molar impactions
This Course is a Good Investment for your Patients & Office
- You can confidently remove selected impacted wisdom teeth on Monday morning following the course.
- Your patients don’t want to be referred, keep them in your office.
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth is a very profitable procedure.
- There is no faster way to learn the safe and efficient removal of wisdom teeth.
FRIDAY, Day 1 – Observation and Lecture
- 8:00-8:30 Introductions and breakfast
- 8:30-9:00 Impaction Fundamentals
- 9:00-12:00 Surgery 1-6 (Hendrickson)
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch – Review and questions
- 1:00-4:00 Surgery 7-8 (Wayland)
- 4:00-5:00 Review and questions
SATURDAY, Day 2 – Lecture and Live Patient Treatment
- 7:30-8:00 Breakfast
- 8:00-11:00 Lecture and Discussion (Hendrickson and Wayland)
- 11:00-1:00 Surgery 1
- 1:00-2:00 Lunch and Case Review
- 2:00-4:00 Surgery 2
- 4:00-5:00 Review Surgery
SUNDAY, Day 3 – Lecture and Live Patient Treatment
- 7:30-8:00 Breakfast
- 8:00-11:00 Lecture and Discussion
- 11:00-1:00 Surgery 3
- 1:00-2:00 Lunch and Case Review
- 2:00-4:00 Surgery 4
- 4:00-5:00 Review Surgery 4 patients
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Western Surgical and Sedation (WSS) reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course, modify the announced course content, limit enrollment, or change the location, time, date, or speakers due to unforeseen circumstances. Examples of circumstances that could cause course cancellation include; weather, natural disasters, medical conditions, government regulations, facility availability, and dental board restrictions. WSS is not responsible for the refund of any part of the course fee as a result of emergencies, unforeseen circumstances, or events beyond its control. In the event that WSS cancels a program, the registrant will receive a refund or credit toward another continuing education course.
Full refunds will be made when a WSS course is canceled and is no longer available or a dentist provides documentation proving that they no longer practice dentistry. Western Surgical’s Liability is for the course fee only is not responsible for any other costs incurred.
Attendees who have registered for a course and are unable to attend will receive credit for the next available course provided their space can be filled.
WSS courses may include controversial materials. WSS acknowledges that there is a potential risk to participants using limited knowledge when incorporating new techniques and procedures into their practices. WSS assumes no responsibility and cannot be held liable for the clinical diagnosis or treatment of any individual patient.
Dr. Justin Leath Rochester, MI
“Don’t look anywhere else, this is your place, Western Surgical and Sedation. Heath is a general dentist, he is super friendly and he is on your side. I have taken many courses, people call me a CE junkie, but I have yet to find one better than this!”
Dr. Brent Porter Santa Cruz, CA
“The key reason [I came] was to learn to incorporate a technique that John Wayland has utilized in my office for the past 8 years. To keep it number 1, safe, and just a painless experience for the patient. It is a Course I wish I would have taken 15 years ago. It just delivers a margin of safety that every general dentist with a patient-centered focus worries about. The ability to titrate the individual sedation per patient is wonderful!”