Hands-On Exodontia (HOE) Course
May 11-13, 2018
Would you like to remove most teeth predictably in less than 5 minutes? Then, the HOE course is for you.
The HOE course will increase your surgical skills, confidence, and bottom line. The course is also a humanitarian event that helps hundreds of Nicaraguans that cannot afford dentistry.
Patients are seen from 9 am – 6 pm with dentists working in pairs.
You will learn:
- Case selection and when to use surgical mode – access, bone density, pdl/follicle, root structure,
- How to avoid complications – bone and soft tissue management, radiographic markers, pharmacology
- Proper use of instruments – EL3CSM, proper use of 23, 88, proximators, luxators
- How to use a true surgical handpiece – high torque surgical handpiece and 44.5 mm 1703L bur
- Flap design and suturing – envelope, triangular, vertical release, gut or PGA
- The elevator-only extraction technique – EL3CSM furcation removal
- And much more
This course is a good investment for your patients and office:
- You can confidently do surgical extractions on Monday morning following the course.
- Your patients don’t want to be referred, keep them in your office.
- There is no faster way to learn the proper “feel” for safe and efficient exodontia.
HOE Course Details
The course is limited to 10 participants. Dentists work with partners. We typically remove more than 200 teeth in the course; about 20% wisdom teeth, all with supervision. Our faculty can do the procedure while you watch, they can do part of the procedure, or you can do all with supervision.
All instruments are provided sterilized. However, participants must bring loupes with headlight. Digital X-rays are taken for each patient. Bone removal and sectioning are done from a standing position using straight surgical handpieces. You will enjoy the torque and power of a true surgical handpiece and motor.
The HOE course is unique because it’s both educational and charitable. Nicaragua is still a third world country. Many of its inhabitants don’t have access to dental care or the means to pay for it. This course provides free dentistry for those in need while providing quality hands on oral surgery experience for North American dentists.
Hotel, breakfast, lunch, and transportation between the course hotel and airport are included in the course fee. Our driver, holding a “WSS” sign, will meet you at the airport after you clear customs. Dinner and travel to and from Nicaragua are your responsibility.