Western Surgical and Sedation offers focused, practical exodontia and sedation courses that improve your practice and benefit your patients. We do not teach implant courses. Small class size insures dialogue and understanding. Our concise and succinct courses result in minimal time away from family and practice. WSS’s course director, with 36 years of experience, literally wrote the book “Impacted Third Molars”. The impacted third molar book also includes two chapters on IV Sedation and one on the mobile third molar practice.
WSS alumni stay connected following courses via WSS Forum and our annual “update” meeting. You have permanent access to Dr. Wayland and the WSS faculty.
LIVE PATIENT HANDS-ON TRAINING
Western Surgical and Sedation trains with live patients. We do not use typodont models, pig jaws, or cadaver heads. WSS offers five ways to improve your practice and exodontia skills.
- Impaction Course (IC) – Live patient impaction courses in California.
Stop referring out! Remove impacted wisdom teeth with confidence, efficiency, and safety.
- IV Sedation Course (IV) – Live patient IV sedation courses in California. WSS will train you to SAFELY and confidently provide moderate sedation for your patients. Our IV course meets or exceeds the 2016 American Dental Association Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to dentists.
- Hands-On Exodontia (HOE) – Live patient exodontia courses in Nicaragua.
The HOE course will increase your surgical skills, confidence, and bottom line. Learn to remove most teeth predictably in 5 minutes or less.
- Early Third Molar Removal (ETMR) – The ideal time to remove an impacted third molar is when the roots are 1/2- 3/4 developed. However, the ideal time is not always available. Why not include germectomy (roots 0 -1/3)? The 2007 AAOMS white paper on third molars found that germectomy may be associated fewer post-operative complications.
- One-On-One Training (OT) – Surgical exodontia training in your office with Dr. Jason Knable, owner of “Confident Extractions”, and Western Surgical and Sedation faculty. Accelerated hands-on training. Your patient fees may cover the cost of training.